I did NOT sleep much last night at all. I couldn't settle down because I was thinking about meeting the littles today. So I stayed up and watched a movie until about midnight. Then I studied a little Swahili and finally went to sleep around 12:45 am. I kept waking up to zapping noises from my air conditioner and finally at 4:45 am woke up and turned it off. It was still making zapping noises so I turned the power off completely and the zapping stopped. I snoozed on and off for another hour and half but the birds/dogs/other noises were pretty loud without the hum of the AC. I think I got out of bed right before 6:00 am and decided it was warm enough in my room to handle washing my hair. The tepid water shower is fine in the evening but I haven't wanted to wash my hair and then go to bed in an air conditioned room with sopping wet hair. So it actually worked pretty well to wash it this morning. I don't know how I will do that once the kids are here but I will figure it out.
We have our little table of Americans for meals and it has been fun to watch Adam and Jennifer with their two little boys. I think Katie Mumbi might enjoy playing with Dacian. He is in the hallway right now playing with a beach ball that he keeps kicking into my room. Cute!!! Because we haven't had our kids to take care of we have all been helping them out. I used my new hot pot (which only cost $14 and heats up FAST) to heat water for them. Note to future travelers...American hot pots blow Congo fuses. We filled Adam and Jennifer in on the Hassan market which I they will visit later today to by their own hot pot and some extra food items.
The kids should be landing right about now. I'm hanging out in the room waiting for someone to come repair my AC. With my door open and the glass door for my porch open I have a relatively cool cross breeze. Our plan for the day is for me to wait around here for the kiddos. Dad is going to walk to the market and order a demi poullet and pomme frites for lunch and bring them back here. I'm just going to wait and expect the babies to arrive any time between lunch and dinner. I am not planning on eating dinner downstairs today (but Dad is) and instead I will feed us all from my store of food.
-B
No comments:
Post a Comment