Hello family and friends! I have started this blog to keep you updated on our adoption process, keep in touch while I am in Africa for 5-6 weeks, and to share news of our kiddos' adjustment once the join us here at home. We will be keeping this blog completely PRIVATE from the public until after our new little ones reach United States soil. This means that if anyone would like to read this blog they need to:
- Know us personally
- Have a google account and be logged in
- Have me submit them as an approved blog reader
Thank you for jumping through those hoops - and thank you for helping us keep our information private while we are still in-process. A few people have asked why it is so important to keep this all private. The main reason is that officials in sending countries have been known to search the internet for information about the adoptive parents so that they can either extort the parents for money or find grounds for denying the adoption. This is less likely in the DRC where access to the internet is limited, but we feel better taking this extra precaution. The other reason is that I do plan to post information here about when and where I travel and it would be ill-advised to make that information accessible to people on the ground in the DRC (or even Addis Ababa) who might not have the best intentions.
Again, thank you for bearing with us. Once our new little ones are here then I will make this blog public so that other families adopting from the DRC can read about our experience (especially my time in country) and use that information to plan for their own adoptions. I know that I am incredibly grateful for all of the information that I have been able to gather from the blogs of DRC adoptive families who have already brought their children home - and I hope we can be equally as helpful to those who will go through this journey after us.
-B
No comments:
Post a Comment