Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nowhere Man

I think the most frequently asked question I hear is, "Where are you in the process?"  Oh, how I wish I knew!  We may or may not have passed court.  We may or may not be in our 30 day waiting period (after which the kids are legally ours according to the DRC.)  Or we may still be waiting to go to court.  The answer is that we really don't know.  We did receive word back in January that our little Kayakez has passed court...but then we asked the judge to hold on to the judgement while we rushed dossier additions to him so that we could also adopt Mumbi.  We need to have their files go through together so that we are only using one dossier, making one trip, etc.

Right now we are waiting for the call or email with that all important update.  And I know our poor case worker is waiting for a call or email from the attorney in the DRC so that she can get that all important update to pass along to us.  And the attorney in the DRC may very well be arriving at court to get that all important update only to find (once again) that they are without power and basically non-functional.

So we are waiting...and praying!!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment