Today is full of random thoughts to share...
We had a BEAUTIFUL three inch snow fall yesterday which has almost completely melted. I love snow and I was worried that this would be a snow-less winter so I am very grateful for that which we did receive.
Jeff and I had a very proud moment yesterday morning when we were heading into church. Monsignor Carr complemented Tip on how how nicely he was dressed for Mass and said that Tip was really setting a great example! And in other Tip news...he is now officially 5'9" tall.
I am still working on planning and lists. I now have 16 meals in the freezer and only four more to prepare. I plan to cook two meals tomorrow, take off Ash Wednesday, and prepare the final two on Thursday. Then I will be DONE with meal prep!!
Yesterday we drove down to southside to purchase an extra large L.L. Bean rolling duffel bag from a Craigslist seller. I am very grateful to Kerry for agreeing to sell it to me for $15 - even though it is pretty dirty, dark pink, and embroidered. I think it is perfect for Africa and I am sure I can stuff it full of diapers and formula. I have one checked bag down and three more to go!
You might be asking yourself, "four checked bags?" Yes, four checked bags!! Thankfully, my Dad is planning on accompanying me to Congo for at least the first week or two of the trip. I am very grateful for the help of my very large, very assertive, very cool-headed, Seminarian, former-Airborne Ranger father. We aren't sure how long Dad will be able to stay because he is in Seminary school and needs to not neglect his studies. But I know that he will at least get me and the kids settled into our temporary residence and through our initial week of appointments with doctors and the Embassy.
-B
No comments:
Post a Comment